Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Roses have Patience

Patience is a Virtue

As easy as the above is to repeat, this takes some work to achieve, at least on a personal level. Maybe you out there can take those challenges which demand certain patience and meet them headon without so much as raising an eyebrow. So oft when I think that i've gotten my "lack of patience" under control something happens and causes me to lose it. Maybe there are persons out there just like the obstainate person who are designed to try your patience.

A friend of mine, as wise as she is sometimes, states that should persons try your patience, the first thing you should do is STOP. After this initial "stop" you should think, then react, making sure that your 2nd reaction is actually your first physical reaction and the 1st reaction being your alternative response. In other words do NOT got on your 1st reaction, but this is not exactly easy...try it. This is also as a result of us humans being made up differently. This is one reason I have titled this piece - "Roses have Patience" where - it starts from a rosebud and takes it cool time until it blooms. I'll expand on this later, as I think that i've ran out of patience right now...

Tell me: How do you handle a short fuse?

No comments: